Below are some disadvantages of hibernate framework-
1) Limited clustering capabilities.
2) Not much flexible when it comes to mapping composite-ids (although you can do a lot). Using Embeddable Composite Primary Key Class (uses @ Embeddable annotation)
3) Everything is an object. If you need only a portion of data (say, for a search), you would still have to retrieve the object. However, this is true for any ORM strategy.
4) Hibernate n+1 problems that comes for one to many relationship. That is, Hibernate will execute (n+1) queries for going through a list of records of size n. But you can mitigate this risk.
5) Large data sets can still cause memory issues.
6) Support for security at a database level only and no support for role based security without any APIs like Spring AOP.
Latest posts by Gopal Das (see all)
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I – Winter ’18 Release Exam - November 23, 2017
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder – Winter ’18 Release Exam - November 22, 2017
- Salesforce Certified Administrator – Winter’ 18 Release Exam - November 21, 2017