- To install rest client firefox plugin, Go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/restclient/ and click on “Add to firefox”, install it then restart firefox.
- Click on the rest client icon on right corner of your firefox browser.
- Now we will test open source rest service through get method like – google’s translator service GET https://www.googleapis.com/language/translate/v2?key=INSERT-YOUR-KEY&source=en&target=de&q=Hello%20world
- Copy and paste https://www.googleapis.com/language/translate/v2?key=INSERT-YOUR-KEY&source=en&target=de&q=Hello%20world into your URL field
- At the top of the page, click Authentication, then click Basic Authentication. (It is required if authentication is used on that rest service)
Then choose the method (GET, POST, PUT etc.)
Put the input parameters either with URL or put it in the Body field. Then click send and check the response in the below response section –
Now you are done with your REST client firefox plugin testing.
Founder at GopalDas.Org
He is a technology evangelist, Salesforce trainer, blogger, and working as a Salesforce Technical Lead. After working in Java based project implementation, he jumped to the Salesforce system on a whim and never looked back. He fell in love with Salesforce’s flexibility, scalability, and power. He expanded his knowledge of the platform and became a Certified App Builder, Administrator, Platform Developer I, SalesCloud Consultant while leading the Salesforce implementation and technology needs. He has worked in a wide variety of applications/services like desktop, web and mobile applications.
Latest posts by Gopal Das (see all)
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I – Winter ’18 Release Exam - November 23, 2017
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder – Winter ’18 Release Exam - November 22, 2017
- Salesforce Certified Administrator – Winter’ 18 Release Exam - November 21, 2017